For times immemorial, we have frequented butcher shops for different meat cuts. Whatever we require is available in these places. These shops have ready with them the sliced meats and other deli cuts. But how many times are we sure that those are fresh and of premium quality?
This issue can be solved through the electric meat slicers now available in markets. These are the equipment which cut down meats expertly. The new electric slicer cut down meat more efficiently and effortlessly than a knife. The meat texture remains unharmed too. The best part of the meat slicer is that there are ones you could use at home. These do not only work on meats. They come in handy with vegetables, cheese and breads too.
But there are electric meat slicer reviews all around which might cloud your judgement. To solve all your dilemmas and doubts, we have come up with a list of the best meat slicers for home use.
Read More: Best Pillet Grill 2021
Best Meat Slicers for Home use
|1. Meat Slicer, Anescra 200W||9.5|
|2. Chef’sChoice Electric Meat Slicer||9.6|
|3. BESWOOD 10||9.2|
|4. KWS MS- 10NT Premium||8.8|
|5. OSTBA Meat Slicer||8.5|
|6. Chefman Die-Cast||8.6|
|7. Meat Slicer, Techwood||8.8|
|8. CUSIMAX Meat Slicer||9.2|
|9. Zica 10” Chrome-plated Slicer||9.4|
|10. OSTBA Meat Slicer 200W||8.8|
Why we love it
- This electric slicer is very powerful and can cut and slice through pretty much anything.
- Two separate blades for cooked and uncooked food prevents cross infection.
- An easy to clean meat slicer.
It is also very compact and easy to move about.
Meat Slicer, Anescra 200W Electric Deli Food Slicer is one of the best meat slicers for home use. It is pretty simple and convenient to use. The one friend you would absolutely need if you love cooking. It is also one of the best compact meat slicers and has a full metal design which renders it durable.
Moreover, the 200W power of the slicer gives it a great capacity to easily slice anything within minimal time limits.In addition to that, there are two 7.5” stainless steel blades, one serated and one non-serrated. Not only do they cut raw and cooked food respectively but also prevent cross infection. Together with all of those things, the thickness control knob in the slicer can adjust the thickness of the cuts. It is regarded as one of the best home deli slicers.
The Meat Slicer, Anescra 200W is one of the best meat slicers for the amount of money we pay for it. It is important to realize that this particular slicer is a kind of one time investment. One thing you could use for a long time if you take care of it. Therefore this automatic slicer will make your kitchen experience much easier. You do not have to be an expert to use this appliance. Just plug it in and have your delicious cuts ready for you.
Why we love it
- The components of the slicer are made of cast aluminium and stainless steel. These two make it long lasting.
- The slicer includes a metal food pusher.
- It cuts a wide variety of thickness of slices.
- The parts are easy to break down for cleaning.
The Chef’sChoice Electric Meat Slicer is again, one of the best meat slicers for home use. It is very compact and easy to use. Also the metal food pusher makes it much more convenient.
Furthermore, the high torque motor with the gear drive makes the slicer more powerful. In addition to that it also comes with a tilted food carriage. This makes the slicing much faster and pretty efficient. Another key point to consider while buying this product is, it can cut a variety of foods. The slicer is not only limited to meat.
Accordingly, a thickness control knob is also present in the slicer which gives a variety of thickness to the cuts.It is one of the best rated meat slicers.
In essence, it is one the best home use meal slicers. The efficiency with which it performs makes the process a lot easier. Meanwhile, why would you use a knife with such effort when this slicer would make it so much easier?
Hence, its smooth operation will make you want to use it. However, you do need to make sure that the power load is appropriate. Especially its rugged yet handsomely styled design will make a great addition to your kitchen.
Why we love it
- The slicer has chromium-plated carbon steel blade which is corrosion resistant.
- There are two stone blade sharpeners mounted on top which keeps the blade sharp.
- Hence, the blade need not be sharpened frequently which makes it more durable.
- It also has a premium v-belt which reduces noise and vibration.
The BESWOOD 10” Premium Chromium-plated is also a good meat slicer for home.use. Although the slicer may be a bit expensive, it is heavy duty and has great durability.
Moreover the cuts have a great precision to them. Because the blade is razor sharp and there two stone blade sharpeners keep it that way. The sizes of these cuts can be adjusted with an adjustable thickness control knob of the slicer. It also has a high standard performance which makes it easy to cut everything.
In addition to that the product comes double illuminated with an ON/OFF switch Of 24V to prevent shock. There is also a premium v-belt in the slicer which makes it somewhat noiseless.
All this considered, this is a good meat slicer for home use. Although the electric meat slicer reviews claim it is ideal for commercial use, it is good for home use too. Once you invest in this, it can go on for many years to come.
If you have a large family or like to host parties, this is the gadget for you. The only thing you have to take into account is you need a permanent place for this. It would be better if you do not place it at kitchen countertops. Thereupon, it would be ready at your disposal.
Why we love it:
- The blade of the slicer is stainless steel covered with teflon which makes it corrosion resistant and durable.
- Again the teflon coat can prevent the residue build up.
- The high quality motor delivers outstanding performance for constantly slicing.
- There is also an ON/OFF switch which is built separately from relays to prevent damage.
The KWS MS- 10NT Premium Commercial 320W Electric Meat Slicer is another good meat slicer for home use.
Correspondingly, this meat slicer has blades of 304 stainless steel. This particular type of stainless steel blade has chromium and nickel. These make it more resistant to corrosion. Additionally, the blades are also coated with teflon making it more lasting. The teflon prevents residue build up.
Furthermore, the slicer also has a built in sharpener. The blades don’t have to be sharpened separately. It also comes with a removable product tray. Hence, it is very easy to clean and prevent the bacteria buildup in it
Also the slicer has a high quality copper motor which prevents the electric leakage.
Concludingly, the KWS MS- 10NT is really one of the best rated meat slicers. It is heavy duty and will be a brilliant addition to your kitchen.
Although it does depend on the fact if you are ready to spend a bit of money on the slicer. The precision and durability of the slicer makes up for it. If you want to cut out meats at a faster pace, this is the equipment for you.
Why we love it
- The blade is stainless steel which makes it rust resistant.
- There is a removable ring guard which can be cleaned and prevent residue buildup.
- It also has a side rod extension which makes the food carriage easier to clean.
- The adjustable thickness knob makes it easier to cut out different sizes of slices.
The OSTBA Meat Slicer Electric Deli Food Slicer is one of the best meat slicers for home use. It has a stainless steel non-serrated blade which is suitable to cut meats, cheeses and vegetables.
Further it also has an adjustable thickness and makes a variety of cuts ranging from 0-15mm. The slicer also has food grade food pusher. This helps in protecting the fingers while slicing.
In addition to that it has a removable rod which makes sanitation easier. Also the 150W power of the slicer helps in sharp cuts. It is also one of the best compact slicers. That makes it perfect for anyone to use the slicer in the kitchen.
In conclusion, the OSTBA Meat Slicer is one of the best budget meat slicers. The price we pay is appropriate for the design we receive.
Accordingly, it is also very small and can be placed anywhere and used. If you are a novice in the kitchen, this gadget will be very good for your start.
Why we love it
- There slicer has a stainless steel blade which is removable are retractable. It also has die cast aluminium housing which is very easy to clean.
- The blade is serrated which helps the food to slice through easily.
- Also the slicer has an ON/OFF switch for safe cutting.
- There is a thickness dial which helps in different sizes of cuts.
The Chefman Die-Cast is one of the best compact slicers for home use. It is light and functional. This food slicer can be used to cut vegetables, fruits, breads apart from the meats.
Further, the blade is 7.5” stainless steel which renders it corrosion resistant. And the serrated blade cuts raw and cooked likewise. It also has a die cast aluminium casing which prevents buildup.
In addition to that, the slicer has a powerful 180W motor which allows the food to be cut easily. There is also a blade safety guard. Alongwith the food pusher it makes cutting experience much more safer.
Another key point to remember is that the slicer comes with a non-slip technology. This makes it more convenient for cutting.
In essence, the Chefman Die-Cast is one of the best budget meat slicers. It is a must have for the beginners. The small design further makes it easier to store it at countertops or even cabinets.
For the price we pay for it, this slicer will be a great addition to your kitchen. The easy to use technology adds to its benefits. It is designed in such a way that you can get a firm grip while cutting. And ths obviously makes your kitchen experience much easier.
Why we love it
- The slicer has a 9” 420 stainless steel blade which helps in slicing in a precise manner.
- Thickness can be adjusted for getting different sizes of slices.
- Also there is an advanced belt drive design for blade processing.
- The slicer is compact and easy to move.
The Techwood Meat Slicer is one of the best home deli slicers. It has a high grade 9” 420 stainless steel blade. Since 420 stainless steel provides great resistance to corrosion and is very strong. Hence the cuts made by this slicer is in a precise manner. Also the blade is removable which helps in quick cleanup.
Furthermore, the slicer is driven by a belt with the powerage of 200W which makes the process easier. Again the thickness control dial helps us in cutting meats of different sizes and for different purposes. It also comes with suction feet which keeps it firmly placed. The blade safety guard also protects your fingers from any danger of cutting yourself.
The slicer is one of the best small meat slicers. It can be stored anywhere and does not take up a lot of space.
Additionally the powerful motor helps in making sharp cuts quickly. The only thing you should keep in mind while operating this is do not use it for a long time. Switch it off after 10 minutes and then turn it on again.
Taking into the account the amount, it will be a great addition to your kitchen. And an added bonus for your culinary skills.
Why we love it
- The slicer has two 8.7” stainless steel blades which prevents corrosion.and makes sharp cuts.
- Two blades can be used separately for cooked and uncooked food to prevent infection.
- It also has a belt driven design and needs no lubricant.
- The die-cast aluminium casing prevents residue buildup.
The CUSIMAX Meat Slicer comes with a 8.7” stainless steel blade which can cut meats, fruits, vegetables, etc. There are also two of the blades which can be used interchangeably for cooked and uncooked food.
In addition to that it also has a thickness control dial. It can be made from super thin to 20mm pieces. There is also a recessed power switch which provides safety. The slicer has belt driven design. Because of that there is no need for lubricant. It also renders the slicer more durable.
Furthermore the food carriage which comes with it is removable. It makes cleaning up easy and fast. Also the whole slicer is compact and very to move.
In conclusion, this is one of the better food slicers for home use. The small design makes storage very easy. It cuts up a variety of food. Moreover, there are two blades which can be interchanged for different foods.
Again, it does not need an expert to work the slicer. You will just have to follow the instructions and plug it in. Make sure that you don’t overwork it.
Why we love it
- The blade of this slicer is made up of carbon steel which is chrome plated. This makes it corrosion resistant.
- The blades are sharp and cut with precision.
- There is no need of sharpening the blade separately as there is a built in whetstone at the top of the blade.
- Thickness can be adjusted according to need.
The Zica 10” Chrome-plated slicer is one of the top rated meat slicers. This particular blade is corrosion resistant which makes it more durable. Moreover there is also an in built whetstone at the top of the blade. The blade need not be sharpened separately due to this.
Also there is the thickness control which helps you in cutting slices of the size you want. You will be able to cut a variety of food using this slicer.
Further, there is a waterproof switch which you can turn on while you clean. This protects the slicer from unnecessary exposure to water.
In addition to that, the slicer is belt driven. There shall be no lubricant needed.
Concludingly, this slicer can be called one of the best meat slicers for home use as well as commercial use. The slicer, no doubt, is a bit expensive but it is pretty durable.
Also the efficiency and precision with which it works makes it worth it. If you decide to throw a luncheon at your house, just plug this in and cut up large amounts of meat.
This slicer will definitely be a valuable addition to your kitchen.
Why we love it
- The slicer has 7.5” stainless steel serrated blade which prevents corrosion and makes sharp cuts.
- Adjustable thickness for different slice sizes.
- Seamless and removable features for easy cleanup.
- It also has safety lock switches.
The OSTBA Meat Slicer 200W is one of the best meat slicers for home use. It is a high powerage driven slicer. This results in a high yielding slicing power which cuts meats efficiently. Although the meat has to be frozen to be sliced.
Furthermore, the thickness dial of 0-15mm helps us in cutting slices of our choice. And the stainless steel serrated blade is resistant to corrosion. The slide rod is removable and makes it easier to clean up.
In addition to that, there is a safety lock switch. As in you have to press both the power button and the safety lock to switch it on the machine. It also acts as a child lock.
Therefore, this is a great budget meal slicer. It is also very compact and easy to move and can be stored easily.
Also, it doesn’t cost a fortune. If you are in need of a meat slicer within this price range, you can go for this. Provided you don’t mind the noise in the house.
What should you know about meat Slicers
As mentioned above in the article, the meat slicers are used in place of knives to cut out uniform slices of the meat. In comparison to the knives, they do a cleaner job and also retain the texture of the food. Not only can they slice meat but also a variety of other foods like cheese, bread, fruits, vegetables,etc.
Types of Meat Slicers
Further the meat slicer are divided into two types:
Manual Meat Slicers
The manual meat slicers, as the name suggests, are operated by hand. It was usually used in the earlier days when the technology was not advanced enough. As they are operated by hand, it needs a lot of manual effort to do the slicing. And they are good for environments with low demand. These slicers also have a low efficiency and consume time.
Automatic Meat Slicers
Secondly, there are automatic meat slicers which work electronically. They come with motors and gears which make the slicing way easier. Moreover, the meat slicers with gears make the job more efficient and less time consuming. These automatic/electric motors are all the rage right now. Accordingly they were heavy duty and used in commercial kitchens and butcher shops. As there is always a high demand for meat cuts there.
But recent developments have made these electric meat slicers compact and lightweight. The food slicers for home use have been great additions to the kitchens for everyday people. Hence the common folk can use it in their kitchen at their homes.
Features in a meat slicer
Apart from other things there are features the top rated meat slicer should have:
The most important component of a meat slicer is the blade. The most common type of blade used is stainless steel which is rust resistant. Some of them are also coated with aluminium or chromium that also acts as protectors against corrosion.
Thickness Control Knob
Another important feature of the best meat slicers for home use is the thickness control dial. You will always need different sizes of cuts for different purposes. Various slicers have various thickness settings ranging from 0-20 mm.
The ON/OFF Switch
There is always a power switch in the electric meat slicers. They give added protection if you forgot to plug out the slicer
Rubber Suction Feet
The meat slicers should have rubber feet. The meat slicers work electrically and simultaneously cause vibrations. As a result all those vibrations cause it to move. If there are rubber feet, it provides suction and stabilizes the slicer.
Adding to all those there is also a food pusher which comes with the meat slicers. You won’t have to push the food to the blade with your hands.
Not all slicers come with these. The food tray is removable and helps in catching cut meats after they have cut from the blade.
How To Use a Meat/Deli Slicer?
The foremost thing is before you start the actual process is safety. Although there is a food pusher, you should consider wearing gloves which are cut resistant.
Also the one operating it should not be a minor.
Another important thing to remember is that the blade should be cleaned after cutting raw meat. As a result the cooked food will not be contaminated`
- Place the meat/other food item on the carriage and secure it to the place.
- Then, make your choice for the thickness on the thickness dial.
- Place the collecting food tray below the blade.
- Only then should you plug in the slicer and turn it on.
- Push the meat with a food pusher handle and do not let your hands near the blade.
- Switch off the power button.
- Plug out the slicer.
- Wait for the blade to stop and set the thickness back to zero.
The detailed process can be found in our more detailed article of how to use a meat slicer.
Can you cut meat thinly without a slicer?
Yes, you can cut meat thinly without a slicer. For that, you would need a butcher’s knife. A chef’s knife will also do the work.
Whatever knife you may choose, it should be sharp. If the knife is blunt, sharpen it and then use. The sharp edge of the knife makes clean and sharp cuts.
How to Clean a Meat Slicer?
After you have used the meat slicer, you will definitely have to clean it.To maintain a good meat slicer for home use, a thorough cleansing is a must. The cleaning process goes as follows:
- After you have plugged out the slicer, pull the removable carriage away from the blade. They are usually locked into place and can be dismantled.
- Wash the food carriage with hot water and soap. For additional protection against contamination you can also use sanitizer.
- For you to clean behind the blade, you will have to remove the blade cover. Again all slicers do not come with blade covers, but if yours has it, follow this. There is a fixing pin at the back of the slicer which you can unscrew and remove it.
- Then, you can clean the blade with soap water and then only water. Clean it using the strokes from the centre to outwards. Stay away from the blade edge.
- To remove the blade, there is a separate tool. This tool has two knob-like handles which fit into the place. It locks into the place with the blade.
- Unscrew the screws on the blade with the allen key provided.
- While keeping the removal tool in place with the blade, clean the blade using soap and water. Sanitize for more precaution against infection.
- After the blade has been dried enough, place it back on the slicer.
- Screw the screws into place.
- Detach the removable tool.
- Place back the blade cover and fix the pin securely.
- Put the food carriage back into the place.
There is a detailed article on how to clean a meat slicer blade.
How to Sharpen the blade?
Accordingly, You can buy one of the best home deli slicers with a sharp stainless blade but you will have to sharpen it. Some slicers do come with built in sharpeners. The following steps should be followed to sharpen a blade with a sharpener:
- The sharpener is on the top of the slicer. Firstly, unscrew the bolt which fastens the sharpener.
- Then turn the sharpening unit 180 degrees and fit it with the bolt again.
- The sharpening button on the back of the unit for 30-40 seconds. Again, press the button on the front for 5 seconds.
- After you switch off the slicer, turn back the unit and refit again like before.
- Do not forget to clean and sanitise the machine after the whole process.
When the slicer does not have a built in sharpener, you can use a separate sharpening stone.
These steps can be followed:
- Wear appropriate safety gear and switch on the slicer.
- As the blade spins, hold the sharpening stone to the edge of the blade.
- Keep your hand steady. You might also use something to rest your hand while you hold the tool.
- Clean the whole machine and sanitise after use.
A better description can be found on this article of how to sharpen the blade.
How to order deli meat thickness?
The best deli slicers come with adjustable thickness control. It has adjustments which range from super thin to thick slices. The dial is based on a numbering system. Accordingly the larger the number the thicker the slice. Usually the dial has settings of 0-20mm. There are guides that will help you to order deli meat thickness.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should you invest in a meat slicer?
This is a question very frequently asked. Everyone is not a chef. We cannot handle slicing out thin meat slices like a seasoned pro. And there will come a time when fresh deli meat cuts will not be available at the market. The answer is a meat slicer.
Firstly, the meat slicer makes the process of cutting much more efficient. When you cut with a knife it is time consuming. Adding onto that the pieces cannot be even. On the contrary, the meat slicers give us just that and produce uniform slices. On top of that it is automatic and the effort required is almost zero.
Secondly, the meat slicer can cut meat as well as other foods like fruits, vegetables, cheese, breads,etc.
Thirdly, you can cut slices as thin as you want.
And lastly, it is cost efficient. When you buy deli meats or regularly go to shops to get your meat cut, it costs more.
2. Which meat slicer should you buy – Manual or Automatic?
The whole point of buying a meat slicer is reducing the work put into. And getting good and better results within a small amount of time. A manual meat slicer will take a lot of your time and efforts. As this type of slicer is operated by hand.
In contrast, the automatic meat slicer does all the work on its own. You will require little to zero effort to cut meat with this. That too with super thin slices with a small amount of time.
3. Which blade is most suitable?
The stainless is the most suitable for meat slicers. They prevent corrosion and are durable.
But sometimes they come with a coating of aluminum. The aluminium makes it much more resistant and prevents residue buildup. Sometimes the blades are chromium-plated which is another great corrosion resistant.
4. What size is the most suitable?
The size of your meat slicer depends on the space you can spare for it. The bigger slicers are heavy duty, expensive and take up a lot of space. They are also very difficult to move. But their performance is high standard and they perform with efficiency. If you have a big family or like hosting parties, you should buy a bigger one. Provided you have the space for it.
The smaller slicers are lightweight and compact. They can fit into countertops and storage cabinets. But you cannot use them continuously for a long time. If you use it lightly, they are perfect for you.
5. Should you clean after every use?
When you buy a slicer you need to clean it diligently after every use.Especially after you have cut raw meat and will cut cooked food next. This prevents cross infection.
If you don’t clean it after every use, there will be residue buildup. This might hamper the performance of the slicer.
In conclusion, there are meat slicers which have been claimed best by meat slicer ratings. We have also enumerated our version of the best meat slicer for home use reviews. We cannot exactly point out a single meat slicer as the best meat slicer for home use. Hence we have recommendations of a few which might convey to your needs.
If you are looking for a meat slicer which is compact yet very efficient in use,
We have got you. According to us the Meat Slicer, Anescra 200W Electric Deli Food Slicer will work best for you.It does not cost very much and is efficient. Moreover it comes with two separate, serrated and non-serrated blades for slicing raw and cooked food. It is easy to clean too. Also if you have children, this slicer has a safety lock.
If you want a heavy duty meat slicer
The BESWOOD 10” Chromium-plated slicer would work wonders for you. It is a bit expensive and heavy but very efficient. The design is made for durability. In addition to that it is noiseless and produces cuts of precision. Even the blades are chromium plated and corrosion resistant. The motor is high power too.
The Zica 10” Chrome-plated slicer is also a great heavy duty slicer. It is slightly cheaper than the BESWOOD. Even this has chromium plating on the blade. The powermance is great.
Those parties and luncheons will be a breeze if you have any one of these with you.