Meat grinders are kitchen gadgets used for finely chopping or grinding and also mixing together different meats. Not only can you use it for meats but also for fish and vegetables.
Whatever goes through the meat grinder can either be cooked or uncooked. These are obviously very efficient and reduce the time we spend on meat mincing usually. Accordingly, we think that they are way better in comparison to the mincing knives. And also encourage you to invest into one.Hence, in this article we have enlisted some of the best meat grinders for your help.
Regarding its working, the meat or any other food is put inside the funnel. The funnel which is at the top of the grinder. And then the food goes into the screw conveyor belt.
Depending on the type of grinder, the belt is either hand powered or has an electrical motor.As the food passes on it, it crushes and mixes the food. Then there is a knife just behind the hole. This cuts up the meat and the minced meat comes out of the hole.
Top 12 choices of Best rated Meat Grinders:
Why we love it:
- This electric meat grinder has a powerful and strong motor. It has 350W rated power and 1000W max locked power..
- Moreover, this grinder is a large size 12. So it lets us hold and grind a lot of meat at once.
- The grinder head is made of cast aluminium which makes it more durable.
- Additionally, these grinders have big gears and gearbox which overcomes any kind of resistance during the grinding.
The Sunmile G-50 is one of the best electric meat grinders for home use. It comes with a 350W power motor which gives exemplary performance. Also the motor is pretty durable and works for a long time. Even the body of the grinder is die cast aluminium which further adds to its durability.
In addition to that it also comes with three stainless steel grinding plates. And these have different sizes of holes in them which determine the fineness of the meat. So there are coarse, medium and fine cutting blades which you can use according to your requirements. Instead of several sausage attachments it has one big sausage stuff.
Furthermore the grinder is a large size 12. Because of which the collecting tray is big and you can grind a lot of meat at the same time. Lastly there is also a food pusher so that you don’t have to use your bare hands.
2. Cuisinart Electric Meat Grinder, Stainless Steel
Why we love it
- The electric meat grinder has a 300W motor which can grind up to 3lbs of meat every minute.
- There are two stainless steel cutting blades which come with the grinder of varying sizes of holes.
- Also there are two sausage attachments for different sizes.
- In addition to that it has a reverse function to unclog foods if stuck.
The Cuisinart Electric Meat Grinder is one of the best small meat grinders you can own. You can grind various meat and even vegetables with this gadget.
As it has a 300W powered electric motor it can produce up to around 3 lbs of ground meat in a minute. Also there are two cutting plates which have two varying degrees of thicknesses: coarse and medium. Even the sausage attachments it has is two. So that you can use the smaller one for breakfast links and the bigger ones for regular sausages.
Furthermore this particular grinder comes with a reverse function. So if you clog anything in the blades you can unclog it easily. In addition to that there is also a pusher which acts as an accessory storage.
Why we love it:
- The electric grinder has two grinding plates of varying thicknesses.
- Also the grinder’s motor is powered with 550W which results in optimum grinding performance.
- Furthermore the grinder is a large size 12 and has a large deep meat pan.
- In addition to that the grinder also comes with three stuffing tubes, a stainless steel knife and meat stomper.
The LEM Big Bite is one of the best commercial meat grinders. As the super powerful motor of 550 watts works the grinder, it shows absolute high end performance. Even the metal gears come with roller bearings resulting in a smooth operation. Furthermore, it has a production capacity of 7lbs per minute.
Accordingly, these are also great for game processing. And we also dub it as one of the best meat grinders for deer meat.
In addition to that it has three stuffing tubes for sausage stuffing. And a tray in the body for the storage knife and plate. Also there is an auger which pulls more meat in less time. And a rifling pattern on the head which aids in easier pushing of meat with little effort. Moreover you won’t need to wipe it frequently because of the steel brush finish.
4. Electric Meat Grinder, CHEFFANO Stainless Steel (2000W Max)
Why we love it:
- The electric grinder has a copper motor which has a power 350W resulting in production of approximately 2lbs per minute.
- Also it comes with three different grinding plates for you to choose from.
- Additionally, the components are easy to disassemble and clean.
- Furthermore, the machine has a reverse function too.
CHEFFANO Stainless steel is one of the best meat grinders for home use. As it is operated by a 350W motor, it gives us approximately 2 pounds of meat in a minute.
Also it has three different grinding plates, coarse, medium and fine. You can choose the one for your requirements. And they are made of 420 stainless steel which is corrosion resistant. On top of that, it is thickened by aluminium alloy which makes it more durable.
In addition to that it has a set of 3 kibbe and sausage attachments. This makes it more efficient as a meat grinder.
Further, the grinder also comes with reverse function. And this function helps in unclogging clogged food in the cutting blades.
Why we love it:
- The electric grinder has three stainless steel plates for varying thicknesses of the meat.
- Also there is a high power 350W copper engine which grinds 3lbs of meat per minute and is durable.
- And the components can be easily disassembled and cleaned.
- In addition to these, they also have reverse function.
The Altra 3-in-1 Meat Mincer is one of the best small meat grinders. Also the machine has a 350W power motor which grinds the meat. And produces approximately 3lbs of meat per minute.
Furthermore, there are 3 grinding plates, coarse, medium and fine to grind the meat of our choice. Moreover these are made of stainless steel which prevents corrosion and makes them more durable. And there are also two kibbe and one sausage attachments. Even these attachments are made of food grade material and keeps the ground meat healthy.
In addition to that, the food tray is large and holds a lot of meat. And there is an extrusion of three spiral circles of the spiral rod attachment which keeps the meat fiber intact.
As said, the grinder has reverse function which helps in unclogging the food stuck in the blades.
6. Weston (10-3201-W) Pro Series Electric Meat Grinders
Why we love it:
- This particular meat grinder is heavy duty with a 1500W which can produce 12-18lbs ground meat per minute.
- And this also has precisely engineered gears for a smooth and quiet performance.
- Also comes two grinding plates for varying thicknesses of meat. Further it has a grinding knife and built in knife sharpener. And an accessory tray for storing the knife, stomper, blades and sausage stuffing kit consisting of three different funnels.
- There is also the most sought after reverse function for unclogging clogged food.
The Weston Pro Series grinder is one of the best commercial meat grinders. This super powerful electric motor of 1500W can grind almost anything. And it is also air cooled and permanently lubricated which makes it more durable. Moreover this can grind up to 12-18lbs per minute making it an ideal addition to the commercial kitchens.
Further it has two grinding plates, one for coarse grounding and the other for medium. And there is also a sausage stuffing kit which comes with three funnels of 20mm, 30mm and 40mm. Along with that comes a snack funnel 10mm and high speed auger and tuffing spacer.
In addition to that the grinder includes an auger grabbing stomper and built-in sharpener for your butcher’s knife. Even there is a stainless steel grinding knife in it. And the accessory tray has a storage space for the plates, knives, stomper and sausage stuffing kit. Also there is a tray dust cover and tray safety guard.
As it is heavy, it comes with sturdy handles for carrying it.
Why we love it:
- This meat grinder is a heavy duty home use grinder. So the motor has a locked wattage of 2000W but uses between 800 to 1200 Watts.
- When the meat is prepared properly it can produce up to 180-240lbs in one hour.
- Also the grinder is a large size 12 and the meat can hold a large amount of meat.
And there are three different sizes grinding plates, a set of 3 sausage stuffing tubes and one kibbeh attachment. In addition to that there are two meat claws and one free burger patty press which come free.
The STX Turboforce is one of the best made meat grinders. Especially for home use. Although called heavy duty, it is a domestic meat grinder. And it has a locked motor wattage of 2000W but uses 800-1200W.
It also comes with a large meat pan which holds around 3lbs of meat at a single time. On top of that it can produce about 180-240lbs of meat depending on your preparation before that.
Moreover it has 3 grinding plates of coarse, medium and fine variants. Also there is a set of 3 sausage attachments of different sizes and one kibbe making attachment. And obviously there is a food pusher which is ergonomic and does not require a lot of effort.
Additionally, there are free goodies like the meat and a burger patty press which come with it.
Why we love it:
- The meat grinder has a 500W power motor which is efficient enough to grind meat for domestic purposes.
- Also the grinder comes with three different sizes grinding plates for a variety of cuts. And also includes a food pusher, kibbeh attachment and a sausage horn.
- Further the parts can be disassembled easily for quick clean up.
- In addition to all of that it has the reverse function technology.
The Gourmia GMG525 is a good inexpensive meat grinder. It is super lightweight and has a 500W power motor which grinds meat. And the amount it grinds is enough for you to whip up something for your family.
Furthermore, it comes with three grinding plates. And they are coarse, medium and fine ones from which you can choose your requirement. Additionally there is also a sausage and a kibbe attachment that come with the grinder. Both those attachments come with retainer rings too.
Even the parts can be easily disassembled to provide for a quick clean up. And there is also the reverse function in the grinder. Which will help in unclogging clogged food from the blades.
9. Sunmile SM-G31 Electric Meat Grinder
Why we love it:
- This electric grinder has a 250W power motor which is very efficient for home use. And it grinds about 150lbs per hour.
- Also the wires inside it are all copper which make it more durable.
- In addition to that the grinder has three grinding plates of different sizes. And with that it has a plastic food pusher and a sausage attachments.
- It also is easy disassemble for quick cleaning.
The Sunmile SM – G31 is one of the best affordable meat grinders. The motor has 250W power which grinds about 150lbs per hour which usually is enough for your home kitchen use. As it comes with a big capacity when compared to its other counterparts, it is very cost efficient.
Moreover the head is made of die cast aluminum which makes it much more durble. And there is a very special design inside te meat tube. Along with the screw it has very little space and helps in pushing all the meat out of the tube. The grinding plates are also three in number. They have coarse, medium and fine sized holes for your convenience. And it also comes with a sausage stuffing horn.
10. The Heavy-Duty STX Megaforce Classic 3000 Series
Why we love it:
- This electric meat grinder is a heavy duty grinder which uses 800-1200W to grind the meat.
- And produces aabout 180 – 240lbs of meat depending on the preparation of the meat.
- Also the grinder is a large size 12 so it has a high capacity tray for meat which can contain 3lbs of meat in it.
- The cutting blades are 304 stainless steel and corrosion resistant. There are three grinding plates of varying sizes. And there is a set of 3 sausage stuffing tubes, one kibbe attachment and one food pusher.
The STX Megaforce is one of the best home meat grinders. It comes with a motor of around 800-1200 W and grinds up to 180-240lbs of meat per hour.
Moreover the capacity of the meat tray is high and can have upto 3lbs of meat in it. And there are three 304 grade stainless steel cutting blades which are corrosion resistant and durable.
In addition to that, there are three sausage stuffing tubes which make it ideal for sausage making. Also there is a kibbe attachment to make kibbeh. Apart from that there are two free meat shredder claws and a free burger-slider press which comes with it.
Furthermore there is a new ergonomic meat pusher which you can push with a little bit of effort. And even that has storage to keep the sausage and kibbe attachments to it.
Why we love it:
- This electric grinder has 550W high power motor which gives optimum performance for your home kitchen.
- And the grinder can grind up to 120-180 lbs per hour.
- Also there are three grinding plates of varying thicknesses. On top of that the grinder comes with a set 3 sausage stuffing tubes and one kibbeh attachment.
- And there are also two meat shredders, a burger patty press and a vegetable slicer/shredder with it.
The STX Turboforce Cadet is also one of the best home meat grinders. And the grinder is a medium duty ideal for home use. With a 550W power motor it can grind up to 120-180lbs of meat in an hour.
Moreover the grinder comes with three stainless steel quad beveled cutting blades. And three grinding plates of varying sizes, coarse, medium and fine. The quad beveling design makes it strong.
And a set of three sausage stuffing tubes and a kibbe attachment for making the respective foods. In addition to that there are also two meat shredder claws, one burger patty press and a vegetable slicer/shredder along with it.
There is also a hideaway handle which makes moving it very easy. The aluminum coating on the body makes it rust resistant.
Why we love it:
- This electric meat grinder has a 300W power motor which is convenient for home use.
- And the grinder produces about 3lbs of meat per minute.
- Also there are two different sizes of plates and a cutting blade.
- In addition to that it is easy to disassemble and clean up.
The Aicok meat grinder is one of the best value meat grinders and is suitable for a starter grinder. It has a 300W power motor which produces approximately 3lbs of meat in a minute.
Moreover there are two stainless steel plates of varying sizes for grinding meat of your choice. And there is a sausage and kibbe attachment to make the respective types of meat.
Also the grinder is very to operate. And has reverse function on it to unclog the clogged food.
In addition to that the parts are easy to disassemble. And easy disassembling means easy clean up.
What should you know about the meat grinders?
Above we have let you know so about which grinders you should buy. Now we would also like you to know about the basics of the grinders.
Components of a meat grinder
First, there are the grinding plates. So they have different sizes of holes. And they are usually three in number, coarse, medium and fine. According to the type of cut you require, choose the plate of your choice
- Coarse – Use this plate for a coarsely ground texture. It is suitable for grinding beef chili. And can also be used for grinding nuts and vegetables.
- Medium – This ground meat is vastly popular and used in most recipes.
- Fine – This gives super fine ground meat. Which is used in spreads, hamburgers, etc.
Secondly, there is the blade which actually cuts the meat. It is fit behind the grinding plate. Usually there is only one blade but some high end grinders have two or three.
Then there is the tray at the top of the meat. This is where you put your meat for grinding. And this has a hole into the tube from where the meat goes into the grinder for grinding.
This is given separately. It pushes down the food through the hole in the food tray. And the pressure exerted by it helps in grinding the meat.
The feeding bar is the tube which attaches to the feeding tray and takes meat to the grinding parts of the grinder.
Sausage and kibbeh Attachment
Most grinders come with sausage attachments to make sausages. And a lot of them also have kibbeh attachments to make kibbeh.
Lastly, all the grinders come with on/off switches for easy operation. A lot of them also have the reverse switch. And this implies the reverse function which is used unclog clogged foods in blades
How does a meat grinder work?
So here we can give some short steps as to how you should operate a meat grinder. As we know they are obviously both electric grinders and manual meat grinders. BBut there are some steps which are common for both of them:
- Firstly, you should rinse and clean the meat. Separate the bones and cartilages so that it won’t clog the grinder.
- Then you chop down the meat into cubes. Accordingly, a large slab of meat might get stuck. So it’s better to get it to smaller pieces. Frozen meat is recommended.
- Also place a plate or bowl in front of the grinder plate from which the ground meat will come out.
A Manual Meat Grinder:
- After the above three steps, place the meat into the feeding unit.
- And then turn the hand crank slowly.
- As it takes time for the meat to reach to the mouth of the machine, you should wait. Also never push down the meat with your bare hands.
- In a while, you will get your desired amount of meat by going on turning the hand crank.
An Electric Meat Grinder:
- After those three steps, dump the meat into the feeding tray.
- Switch on the grinder.
- Then you push the meat into the feeding bar with the help of a food pusher.
- And then the ground meat will gradually come out of the grinding plates into the collecting bowl or tray.
- After you are done with grinding, switch it off.
- Finally, in both the processes after you are completely done, clean the grinder. You will need to disassemble and clean it.
These above steps were a short representation of how the grinder works. But we also have a detailed article on how does a meat grinder work which you may want to check out.
Types of meat grinders
So there are three types of meat grinders and we will briefly describe all of them:
Manual Meat Grinders:
These meat grinders are operated by hand. As these are operated manually, they take a bit of effort and are time consuming. Also these can only be used in places of low demand.
Manual meat grinders have a body, an auger which is attached to a hand crank and a feeding unit. When you turn the hand crank, the meat moves gradually down the feeding unit to the tube and grinds the meat.
As they do not have a motor, they are very inexpensive.
Electric Meat Grinders:
We would like to address these meat grinders as the best meat grinders you could have. They are efficient and get the work done in minutes. Moreover they are able to meet the demands of a high demand environment.
Accordingly these come with a body which houses the electric power motor. And you just have to place the meat in the tray and switch the grinder on. With the pusher given, guide the meat to the feeding bar and you will have ground meat in a matter of minutes.
Although they are more expensive than manual ones, they are way more labour efficient.
Stand Attachment Grinders:
Lastly we have the stand attachment grinders. And these are the ones which come as grinder attachments. To be more clear, there are mixers which are used to mix dough and stuff like that.
They also have a small hole at the top. So the separate grinder attachment which has the auger, blade and plate fit into lace is screwed into it. When you start the mixer, the mechanism also starts the grinder and then you can use it as an electric meat grinder.
Meat Grinder Brands
As you can see, we have already made you a list for best electric meat grinders. But now we will tell you about the best meat grinder brands you should look out for while buying.
The LEM grinders come under the very best meat grinders you can find on the internet. Also the series of ‘Big Bite’ grinders they have are one of best meat grinder brands you would find for commercial use.
And the size 12 and upwards will be a great addition to your business. They can grind out upto 11lbs or more of meat in a minute. Even the sizes less than 12 will be a great addition to your home kitchen.
Moreover they also have manual meat grinders you can invest in with very affordable prices.
LEM gives out the best made meat grinders.
The Sunmile Industries grinders are also some of the best meat grinders you can find for your domestic use. As they have such a variety of compact and affordable meat grinders you can add to your own home kitchen.
Not only for home uses, it also some best made meat grinders for commercial purposes too. G86 model in the commercial use section, it claims to produce around 600kg/hour if the meat is frozen.
If you are not ready to invest in a separate meat grinder, KitchenAid is the answer for you. The best meat grinder for KitchenAid brand also doubles up as a mixer.
Normally you can use it to mix up the ingredients but when you need a meat grinder, just affix the grinder attachment. And according to us the best meat grinder attachment for KitchenAid is the KSMMGA Metal Food Grinder attachment. This attachment works wonders for your kitchen and is also very affordable.
Weston is another one of the best meat grinders you can find out there. And the best thing about it is you can find the best electric meat grinders for home and commercial use here. As well as the one of the best manual meat grinders too.
The Pro Series are a great addition to your commercial kitchen. Although you can also use them for your home kitchen.
Even the Realtree manual meat grinder is a great option for you.
Electric vs. Manual vs. Stand Attachment Grinders
As we have already talked about the various types of meat grinders, we shall now draw a comparison between them.
Electric Meat Grinders
The electric meat grinders have a lot of advantages as they are so efficient. But the top ones are:
- They produce ground meat at a very fast rate.
- And you do not need to input any energy from your side.
- It is cost efficient as you don’t have to go to a commercial place all the time to buy the meat.
There are also few disadvantages which come with it:
- These grinders are expensive.
- The replacement parts may not be easily available.
- And the repair if damaged can be expensive too.
Manual Meat Grinders
Even the manual meat grinders have their share of advantages:
- They are very economical.
- Storage is easy as it is small and compact.
- And these are pretty easy and cheap to repair.
Although there are some disadvantages too:
- As they are hand operated, you need to put in a lot of effort to work it.
- Moreover, they are pretty slow in production.
- They usually need to be clamped on, and you require a countertop edge anyhow.
Stand Attachment Grinders
So the advantages of the stand attachment meat grinders are:
- They are a combo of the mixer and grinder.
- You do not need to invest separately on a whole grinder. Hence, they are cheap.
- Very easy to clean.
And the disadvantages are:
- You can only buy it when you have a mixer which has an attachment knob.
- The blades are smaller than a regular electric meat grinder.
- The meat texture may disintegrate.
Finally, we would like to say that the best meat grinder according to us are the electric meat grinders. As they are so efficient. If you invest in a good one, you can have it for long. Moreover there is no external effort required and the operation is pretty easy.
How to buy a meat grinder?
As we know the basics of meat, we shall now know how you should choose the best meat grinder for yourself.
Firstly, take notice of the output capacity. If you need less of an amount, you can either go for manual meat grinders or the small electric meat grinders. But if you need a large amount for commercial use, go for bigger heavy duty grinders.
Then take into the account that whatever grinder you buy should be stainless steel or something which prevents corrosion. When the grinder gets oxidized it is more prone to wear and tear.
Another one of the important steps you should also consider is power supply. If you do not think you would be able to give the required supply for an electric grinder, go for a manual one.
Also take into consideration the amount of times you would be using the grinder. As some of them are not made for continuous usage.
For more details on this topic you can also go to our article on how to buy a meat grinder.
How to clean a meat grinder?
Then we must know how to clean a meat grinder. The following steps discuss it in brief:
- Before disassembling or doing anything else, grind two to three slices of bread in the grinder. As it acts a sponge and absorbs much of the grease and remaining meat particles from the grinder.
- Then get on to disassembling the grinder. After you disassemble you will be left with the blade, plate, feeding bar separately .
- And then you soak in the parts of the grinder in soapy water for a while.
- After a while, wash the parts.
- Let the parts dry out, before you assemble the meat grinder again.
If you want to know the cleaning process in detail, go to our article on how to clean a meat grinder.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best grinder you can have?
There are a lot of times when people question what is the best meat grinder they can have. But we should not forget that different people have different requirements. And we cannot recommend a single product for everyone.
Hence there are particular things you should take into notice. Like the source of power supply, the amount of usage, the demand for the products, etc.
To get a detailed view on this, go through our article on how to buy a meat grinder.
2. What meat grinder plates should I have?
So the meat grinder plates come in three different sizes. They are coarse, medium and fine plates. And they are used for different foods.
As the coarse grinder plates grind out coarse ground meats, they are used as chili meat and chorizo.
Then the medium plate grinds out meats which are used for hamburger, breakfast and italian sausages.
And the fine grind plate grinds out the meat used for bologna, beef jerky and also hamburgers. If you have pets, you can grind meat for pets with the help of this plate.
3. How should I prep the meat?
To get the optimum performance from your meat grinder you should also prep your meat accordingly. Firstly, chop your meat into cubes. So that they easily fit through the feeding bar and easily grind out. And we also recommend your meat to be frozen, as this helps in easy grinding.
4. Can I replace my grinder blades?
A – After a lot of use, the meat grinder plates tend to get blunt. Then you can try to sharpen the blade edges with a sharpener.
But if the blades wear out or start disintegrating you will need to replace them Most of the time, the manufacturer sells separate blades but you can also buy them from elsewhere. They are easily available online.
5. Can all meat grinder grind nuts and bones?
A – Not all meat grinders have the ability to grind nuts and bones. As they are specifically hard and difficult to break down. If you want one to break them down, please look for a high power motor. As these high power motors can grind almost anything.
In essence, we have compiled all the basic information while buying a meat grinder. And we hope that you find the information we provided useful. Therefore we are also mentioning our recommendations for you.
Our final recommendations
If you want the best meat grinder for commercial use among the ones we have mentioned, there is one. It is the Weston (10-3201-W) Pro Series Electric Meat Grinder. As it produces about 12-18lbs of meat in a minute, it will be a great addition to your business.
Now, if you want the best meat grinder for domestic purposes, we recommend our first top pick. The Sunmile SM-G50 ETL Electric Meat Grinder will be a great addition to your kitchen at home.
And if you want something cheap just for the starters, you can try the Gourmia GMG525. It is not very durable though. For that amount of money, it is the best meat grinder you can find. Also you would need to handle it with attention and care.