With the onset of summers, the first thing that comes to our minds is the barbecue season. The thought of chilling on lawn chairs with a grill set up in your backyard paints a pretty pleasant picture. But for you to enjoy that, you must have a good grill. And one that fulfills all your needs.
Nowadays the market has a lot of different options for you to choose from. And we know it might be a bit confusing for you. But we are here to help you with that. As most of our articles on our Cookinggearlab website, aim at helping you. And this article will compare electric grill vs gas grill. So that you know which one you should go for.
Electric Grill vs Gas Grill
Below we have a few points of comparison between the electric grills and gas grills. And we hope it will help in deciding which one to choose for yourself.
Source of power
Electric gas grills are probably the least traditional of all the grills out there. And these grills need electricity to work. So you must take into consideration that a power outlet is very necessary for an electric grill.
So the gas grill, as the name says, uses gas to cook food. And this gas can either use liquid propane as a separately bought tank. Or it can use the natural gas connection you get at homes.
As mentioned, electric grills use electricity to generate heat to cook your food. So these grills have coils made of heat conductive metals or ceramic under the cooking surface. And when you turn it on, the heating elements in the coil activate by flowing electricity. As a result, the cooking surface heats up and you can grill on it.
Gas grills use liquid propane or natural gas. So you can attach the tank or the natural gas connection at your home to the gas through a pipe. When you turn on the knob, the gas flows through the pipe to the burners present in the grill. And it lights up the flames. When the flames are lit, the cooking grates heat up and you can grill anything on the grill.
As electric grills work with the help of electricity, you will need to be very careful while you clean. And always pay attention to the fact that a lot of its parts cannot be cleaned with water. Hence you cannot submerge them or soak them for cleaning.
Also, there are wires and other electrical parts which you should check at regular intervals to avoid short circuits.
Cleaning and maintaining a gas grill is pretty easy. As you can wash the complete unit with the help of hot water and soap. And the only thing for maintaining it is cleaning it at regular intervals.
You can check our article on how to clean a gas grill for more information.
These are some advantages of an electric grill:
- These grills are very easy to use.
- Also, when you switch it on, these grills heat up quickly.
- As they are safer and pretty compact than other options, they are perfect for urban condominium dwellers.
The advantages of a gas grill are:
- These grills can give you the authentic barbecue taste.
- Also, these grill your food pretty quickly.
- And a gas grill has a lot of other accessories like, the side burners, smoke boxes and flavorizer bars. And these are pretty great for adding flavour to the meat.
There also a few disadvantages of the electric grills:
- As these do not use fire, the delicious charred taste of meat is missing.
- Also, you always require a power outlet.
The disadvantages of a gas grill are:
- Usually the better gas grills are heavier and make transportation difficult.
- Also, the fire can cause occasional flare-ups, which are dangerous.
Best Electric Grill – George Foreman GGR50B
Why we love it:
- The grill has a grill with a tough non-stick coating on it.
- Also, this grill has an adjustable temperature control.
- And it also comes with a stand where you can place it and cook.
- They are compact and safe, which makes it a brilliant choice for apartment dwellers.
The George Foreman GGR50B is one of the best choices for an electric grill. And it is also pretty affordable.
First, the grill has a grill plate which is non-stick. And this prevents the food from sticking on the surface, even if you do not oil it. So it makes the cleanup very easy. With a 240 sq. inches of grilling area, it is perfect for your family or even small gatherings.
Also, the grill has a removable stand. So you can attach it if you want to move it to the backyard or balcony.
Moreover, the grill has five heat settings you can choose from for the perfect heat for your meat.
As the grill is lightweight and compact, you can carry it and store it anywhere. And the small size also helps you in using it in balconies if you are an apartment dweller.
This product will be a significant addition to your apartment or condo. And for the price you pay, you get a pretty excellent result. So go on and buy it.
Best Gas Grill – Char-Broil 4633707
Why we love it:
- This gas grill is a liquid propane gas tank unit.
- And the cooking technology TRU-infrared, which prevents flare-ups.
- Moreover, there is the stainless steel finish. So it is pretty durable.
- Also, there are the porcelain-enameled grates which retain heat.
The Char-Broil 4633707 is one of the best gas grills under $1000. Not only that, the grill also is one of the most affordable grills in this range.
Also, the whole grill has a stainless steel finish. And this makes it look classy and also increases the durability of the grill.
Moreover, this grill has the TRU Infrared technology. So this technology prevents the flare-ups which can occur because of the fat droppings. And this also helps in the equal distribution and even grilling.
Besides that, the cooking grates are cast-iron porcelain enameled. So these again help in an even distribution of heat and heat retention.
Additionally, these grills have a push to start electric ignition. And also a versatile swing away warming rack.
This gas grill is a pretty affordable grill. And you can get it easily for your own home. With the performance, it gives you the perfect domestic grill requirements.
Read More Articles:
- 4 Best Built-In Gas Grills
- 7 Best Meat Grinders for Deer
- 12 Best Meat Grinders 2021 [Expert’s Choice]
- 10 Best Meat Slicers for Home Use
- 5 Best Pellet Grill for Searing
- Best Pellet Smokers under 500 Reviews
- Best Vertical Pellet Grill Smoker Reviews
- 8 Best Gas Grills under $500 – Buyer’s Guide
- 8 Best Gas Grills under $200 in 2021
- 4 Best Electric Smoker under $200
In conclusion, we hope that we have helped in deciding on the choice of your grill. If you want the authentic taste, you must go for a gas grill. For more information on gas grills, check our article on the best gas grills under $1000. But if you live in an apartment, the best choice for you is an electric grill.
Hence, you must choose accordingly.