Last Updated on April 11, 2022 by Joseph Clements
Meat is an inherent part of the non-vegetarian’s diet. And we love making new recipes and eating them. Especially beef, ham and chicken are the common types of meat to use in everyday life. But one of the drawbacks of consuming these meats on a regular basis is that they are rich with fat.
And regular consumption of them will disrupt your dreams of a healthy balanced diet. So there’s a substitute for that. As you should know, deer meat is a healthier option than the others. Because it has very less fat content yet very rich red meat.
With this, you can make various recipes like steak, stir fry, etc. But the easiest yet delicious one to make are burgers. This meat when grilled gives us the perfect juicy burgers.
Furthermore you can buy deer meat from various shops physically as well as online. But getting fresh ground meat has a satisfaction of its own. Especially when you are a hunter, catching game and acquiring venison is a great feeling. So you wouldn’t want to ruin it by giving it to a butcher to grind.
As there wouldn’t be the guarantee of them doing it in a sanitary and healthy way. And your precious venison which you have got after a lot of hard work will go to waste. Hence it is better to grind your own deer meat is the best option. In this, we will enumerate the grinders which are the best meat grinders for deer.
If you need to know about meat grinders in general, our articles on the best meat grinders will help you out.
Best Meat Grinders for Deer
|1. LEM Products W780A||9.5|
|2. Chef's Choice||9.6|
|3. The Heavy-Duty STX||9.2|
|4. Electric Meat Grinder||8.8|
|5. Weston (10-3201-W)||9.6|
|6. Aobosi Electric Meat Grinder||9.2|
|7. OSTBA Electric Meat Grinder||8.8|
1. LEM Products W780A Big Bite Electric #12 Meat Grinder
Why we love it
- This electric grinder has a 0.75HP powerful grinder that can grind up to 11lbs of meat every minute.
- And this grinder is completely made out of stainless steel which prevents corrosion.
- In addition to that there is a big bite auger.
- Further, it has a rifling grinder head which takes without a lot of human interaction.
The LEM W780A is a large size 12 and serves as one of the best meat grinders for deer. As grinding a deer is better done with help of larger grinders. Also it has a powerful 0.75HP motor which grinds your deer meat without ruining its texture.
In addition to that the grinder comes with a rifling head. Because of that it doesn’t need a lot of user interaction with the stomper. And there are two stainless steel grinding plates, coarse (3/8’) and fine (3/16”) which help you in grinding the type you want.
Furthermore, the grinder comes with a big bite technology. So this implies that the auger of the grinder can chomp off a bigger piece of meat than standard augers. And this makes the grinder fast and more efficient. Additionally there is in grinder storage space. Here you will be able to store the accessories so that you do not misplace any of it.
Moreover this comes with a stuffing plate and three stuffing tubes. And they can be used to make venison sausage. On top of that they also help in stuffing wild game freezer bags. Where you will store the deer for a longer time.
2. Chef’s Choice Professional Commercial Meat Grinder
Why we love it
- This electric grinder has 350-400W power motor produces around 3.5lbs of ground meat. Which is great for requirements at home and smaller businesses.
- And this grinder is very compact and easy to move.
- Also the body is made of cast material and is rugged which is great in commercial use.
- In addition to that it has three grinding plates and a sausage stuffing kit.
The Chef’s Choice Professional is a good meat grinder for deer. Especially when you hunt seasonally and once in a while you want to grind your deer. As it is one of the best meat grinders for home use, it is a great addition for your kitchen.
Furthermore this compact meat grinder is very easy to move and store. Although small it has a 350-400W power motor which grinds up to 3.5lbs/min. And this guarantees that it won’t ruin your deer meat.
In addition there are three different grinding plates of varying sizes. And there are the coarse, medium and fine plates. On top of that there is also a sausage stuffing kit. Apart from making sausage this kit will help you in stuffing game bags. So that the meat can be stored or sold.
Moreover, the grinder comes with the reverse technology which helps you in unclogging clogged meat.
3. The Heavy-Duty STX Megaforce Classic 3000 Series Meat Grinder
Why we love it
- This electric grinder uses a 800-1200W power motor to grind your venison smoothly.
- Also it produces about 180-240lbs of meat depending on your meat preps.
- And the large size 12 hopper can contain about 3lbs of meat in it at once.
- In addition to that there are 3 cutting blades and 3 grinding plates. And all of them are made of 304 stainless steel which resist corrosion. On top of that there is a stuffing plate, 3 stuffing tubes and a kibbeh attachment.
The STX Megaforce is one of the best meat grinders for venison. And this has a powerful motor of 800-1200W. So this is perfect for the heavy duty home use and even better to grind deer.
In addition to that, the large meat hopper can contain about 3lbs of meat. And the grinder has three cutting blades and grinding plates of 304 stainless steel. So this 304 grade of stainless steel is much more resistant to corrosion than others.
Furthermore there is a stuffing plate and 3 stuffing tubes which is ideal for sausage making. And also good for stuffing wild game bags. So there are meat shredder claws and a burger press which are free and very useful.
Moreover there is an ergonomic pusher which can ease your efforts while you push the meat.
4. Electric Meat Grinder, Altra 3-IN-1 Meat Mincer
Why we love it
- This electric grinder has a 350W power motor which can grind up to 3lbs meat in a minute.
- Also there are three stainless steel grinding plates of varying sizes.
- Additionally, ths grinder can be easily disassembled and cleaned.
- Moreover they come with reverse function which helps in unclogging the plates.
The Altra 3-in-1 Meat Mincer according to us will be great for you if you want a small grinder. So with respect to the size, it is the best meat grinder for deer processing.
With the 350W power motor it is perfect to grind a few deers a year. And this power motor can produce 3lbs of meat per minute.
In addition to that there are three stainless steel grinding plates, coarse, medium and fine. And these are perfectly resistant to corrosion and very durable.
Moreover, there is a sausage attachment for making venison sausage and stuffing game bags. And the plates and attachment all of them are made of food grade material. So the grinding is healthy and safe.
Additionally, it comes with a large hopper which can hold a lot of meat. Also there is an extrusion of three spiral circles of the spiral rod attachment. And this helps in keeping the fiber intact.
5. Weston (10-3201-W) Pro Series Electric Meat Grinders
Why we love it
- This electric meat grinder is heavy duty and has a 1500W powerful motor. And this can produce up to 12-18lbs of ground meat.
- Also this has precisely engineered quiet gears which gives it a smooth and noiseless performance.
- Further, this comes with two grinding plates with varying thicknesses. And also has a built in sharpener. In addition to that, there is a stomper, blade and sausage stuffing kit.
- And there is also the reverse function which unclogs the clogged meat.
The Weston (10-3201-W) grinder is one of the best meat grinders for venison. With the super powerful 1500W motor it can very smoothly grind deer meat. That too with absolute preciseness and smoothness. Moreover this grinder is air cooled and permanently lubricated. And it can grind up to 12-18lbs of meat in a minute.To add to that it has a rifling head which facilitates faster grinding.
In addition to that it has two stainless steel grinding plates, coarse and medium. And it comes with a sausage stuffing kit. So these are used for making sausage as well as filling up game bags.
Moreover this has an auger grabbing stomper and a built in sharpener for sharpening your butcher’s knife. On top of that it comes with an accessory tray which has a big storage space. For storing the blade, plates, stomper and the stuffing kit. Lastly there is a tray dust cover and tray safety guard with it too.
6. Aobosi Electric Meat Grinder
Why we love it
- This electric meat grinder has a 800W power motor which can grind up to 2lbs of meat per minute.
- Also it comes with three stainless steel grinding plates, three sausage stuffing tubes and one kibbeh attachment.
- And the disassembling is easy, facilitating easy cleaning.
- In addition to that, there is a reverse function for unclogging the food.
The Aobosi Electric Meat Grinder is one of the best meat grinders for deer. Although it is not heavy duty as others it works fine when used at home to seasonally grind the deer.
And it has an 800W power motor which grinds deer smoothly and efficiently. As there is an extrusion of three spiral circles of the auger, the meat fiber isn’t destroyed. On top of that it produces around 2lbs/min.
In addition to that it has three stainless steel grinding plates of coarse, medium and fine. Also there are 3 sausage stuffing tubes and one kibbeh attachment. And the sausage attachment also helps in stuffing wil game storing bags.
Lastly there is the reverse function which is a boon in unclogging clogged meat.
7. OSTBA Electric Meat Grinder 2000W MAX
Why we love it
- This meat grinder has a 500W power motor and is good enough for you to grind your deer at home. And produces 3.3lbs of meat per minute.
- Also there are three stainless steel grinding plates, one sausage kit and one kibbeh attachment.
- In addition to that it has the reverse function to unclog clogged meat.
- And it is easy to disassemble and easy to clean up.
The OSTBA electric grinder is one of the better venison meat grinders. And this meat grinder has a 500W which grinds a decent amount of meat for home use. So it produces around 3.3lbs of meat, a great amount for use at home.
Moreover there are three stainless steel grinding plates, coarse, medium and fine. And there are three sausage stuffing tubes which also helps in filling game bags for storage. Also there is an extrusion of three spirals in auger which retain the meat fiber.
Even the material of the grinder is food grade which reduces chances of any dangers regarding health.
On top of that it comes with a reverse function button. And this button helps in unclogging the food from plates if clogged.
Buying guide for deer meat grinders
Here, we will briefly describe the parameters you should consider before you buy a grinder for your deer meat. For detailed and general information on buying a meat grinder, check our article on how to buy a meat grinder.
If you are a frequent and expert hunter, the best meat grinder for deer is a heavy duty one. When it has a high power motor, it works smoothly grinding large amounts of meat.
But if you are an infrequent and seasonal hunter, and sometimes get deer a smaller one will be enough. So far as you grind deer only once in a while.
The best meat grinder is one which is durable. Mostly stainless steel grinders are preferred because they resist corrosion. Hence they are not prone to wear and tear. Similarly, the blades and plates should also be of stainless steel.
So if you are a retailer, the best meat grinder for deer is a heavy duty commercial grinder. Specifically the one which has a greater lbs/min output capacity.
On the contrary if you need only enough for home use, go for a smaller grinder with lesser output capacity.
Always prefer buying a meat grinder with various attachments over others. As the best deer meat grinders must have a sausage attachment. For stuffing the extra venison into wild game bags. Also there should be at least two grinding plates in the grinder.
1. What is venison and how is it different from deer meat?
Originally any game meat acquired while hunting was known as venison. But nowadays the meat of elk and deer are known as venison. Hence deer meat comes under venison and is not a separate part.
2. How should I prep the meat?
For better and optimum grinding performance you should follow certain steps for preparing the meat.
Firstly remove the bones, cartilage and silver skin of the meat. And this guarantees a better grinding performance.
Secondly, put the meat in the freezer for 30 minutes. But do not completely freeze it. It should be only sturdy. As normal temperature meat tends to make a mess when ground. And you wouldn’t want to make a mess of your hard earned deer.
Thirdly, cut them into smaller pieces before you put them in a grinder.
To know how to grind deer meat, check our article on how does a grinder work.
3. Can I use a manual meat grinder for grinding deer?
Ofcourse you can use a manual meat grinder. That was what our ancestors used for grinding. But the only problem is that they are not efficient enough and will need manual effort to operate it. And if you want advice on manual meat grinders check our article on the best manual meat grinders.
4. Should I add extra fat to my deer meat?
As deer meat is a lean meat it has less fat quotient. And fat is known to be the binding agent for burgers and also makes it juicy. So you can add the extra fat from beef or pork to it to keep the burgers intact. And the juiciness of the fat and flavour of deer meat makes the burger awesome.
5. How should I store my deer?
Usually the best way to preserve the deer meat is vacuum seal it and keep it in a freezer. But the vacuum sealing is expensive. So apart from that, you can use wild game bags. With the help of sausage stuffing kit, you can stuff these and then store them in the freezer.
Now that we have given you a list of the best meat grinders for venison, we hope you choose one. So that you can have an exciting hunt and an even more satisfactory meat grinding.
Lastly we would like to give you some suggestions. As it is not okay to call one meat grinder the nest.
If you are looking for one of best deer meat grinders for home use, we have a recommendation for you. It is the Heavy-Duty STX Megaforce Classic 3000 Series.
If you are looking for one of the best venison meat grinders for commercial use, we also have a recommendation. It is the Weston (10-3201-W) Pro Series.
And if you need any more information on meat grinders, check our article on the best meat grinders.